New to operating a scooter or moped?
Don’t worry. We will give you instructions and tips on riding our scooters, and our convenient
launch location offers you a low traffic spot for a test scoot before hitting the road.
If you have any questions or concerns, we’re there to help. If you are uncomfortable with operating a scooter or appear unsure, we will likely not rent to you.
Our scooters are easy to operate.
There are no gear changes and they are equipped with easy to use hand controls for the
throttle and braking.
You will be provided with a helmet and scooter lock.
Scooter Rental Requirements
Following are the requirements to rent a scooter:
1. You must be at least 18 years of age to rent a scooter under 50cc and at least 21 for larger. If under 21, you must not have any moving violations on your driving record. We Rent Scooters reserves the right to deny any rental or cancel the reservation if we determine you are operating in an unsafe or uninformed manner.
2. A major credit card is required. Debit cards may not be used.
3. You must wear a safety helmet which we provide free of charge. Eye ware is required by state law. We have approved eye ware available for sale for $10.00.
4. Please wear sneakers or shoes. No flip-flops.
Long sleeve shirts are recommended.
5. A valid driver’s license is required (A motorcycle endorsement is required to operate a scooter over
6. You must agree to rental terms & conditions and sign our rental contract.
7. Please return your scooter with a full tank or you can choose to add a $12 fuel charge.
8. A security deposit is required on all rentals
(See insurance below).
9. You will be required to provide the tag number of you personal vehicle so jot it down before you leave home.
Your rental will include state minimum liability coverage of $10,000. You may purchase additional insurance at the time of rental. Your auto policy may offer additional coverage. Check with your insurance carrier.
As the renter, you are responsible for any physical damage or loss.
We authorize your credit card for a $1000.00 damage deposit at the time of rental. Your total rental charges will be deducted from this deposit amount before refund.
Please return your scooter by the return date and time with a full tank of gas, but please do not over fill. At time of rental, you can choose the refueling option and we will fill the tank, including gas for just $10.
Return on Time
If you are more than 10 minutes late past your expected arrival time, we reserve the right to charge a late fee of $25 for every half hour you are late.
If you know you are going to be late, please call us to request an extension to your rental contract. If another renter has not reserved the scooter you are using, we will extend your rental term. Daily increments only. Additional days will be charged at your contracted rate.
Though it’s not a law, always wear your safety helmet while operating your scooter. If you do not have your own, we will provide you with one at no additional cost.
Pickup & Delivery
Pickup and delivery is available at an additional cost of $25.00 + $2.50 per mile (one way each trip). Delivery out of the Fort Myers, Cape Coral area will require a weekly rental. We cannot guarantee a delivery time but try very hard to meet your requested start time. Your rental contract will not start until you receive your vehicle.